Monday, October 16, 2006

TV Shows along the way

I just noticed that I’ve been watching quite a bit of TV along the way. It’s a nice way to get to know the local culture, and it makes a great segue for conversations in different places (so does knitting. I’ve made quite a few acquaintances while knitting on the trains back and forth from England. It also helped when I stayed overnight in the domestic terminal of the Mumbai airport. This lovely lady Aishah and her husband were just returning from a holiday in Mauritius, and she asked me to watch their seats for them. When they came back, she struck up a conversation with me and asked me what I was making. They then gave me the husband’s business card and Aishah’s cellphone number, saying that I could call them whenever if I needed any help. How nice!!).

In Worthing, UK:
Big Brother
Love Island

In Crawley, UK:
Emmerdale
Coronation Street
EastEnders
Inspector Linley Series
The Bill
Diel and Pesco
Last of the Summer Wine
Only Fools and Horses
CSI :Miami
CSI: New York

In Thornton Heath, UK:
Eve
One on One
All of Us
My Wife and Kids
Girlfriends
That’s So Raven
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
Two and a Half Men
Freddie
MTV Base
B4U Hits
Beats, Rhymes and Life
Other assorted music channels

In London, UK:
BBC News
This Morning (a talk show)
The Sharon Osbourne Show
Deal or No Deal
The Weakest Link
Who wants to be a millionaire?

In Kolkata, India:
Monk
MTV Cribs
A lot of old Barbra Streisand movies
Pop up Video
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
24
CNN News
Bollywood movie music videos (they only show snippets of the videos, never the full thing)
Friends (early seasons)
CSI:Miami
Boston Legal
Baywatch (just bits of. I never stay on that channel if Baywatch is on.)
Inside the Actors’ Studio
E! News

No comments: